Posted: February 23, 2018
The number of business licence applications in Tofino has significantly increased in 2018. As a result, processing times are often longer than they have been in the past.
District staff are working to review all applications as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time.
Please refer to the questions and answers below for more information.
Questions and Answers
» How long will it take to process my application?
For both new applications and renewals, we aim to process your application within 2 weeks from today (February 23, 2018).
Please note that processing times change depending on the number of applications received and may change during the processing of your application.
» Who can I contact about my application?
Please allow two weeks for processing before contacting the District about the status of an application.
For general information about Business Licencing in Tofino, please visit www.tofino.ca/business-licencing
If you require assistance, please contact:
Flynn Gray Scott
Bylaw Enforcement Supervisor and Acting Business Licence Inspector
250-725-3229 ext. 706
» How can I help avoid delays in the processing of my application?
To help avoid unnecessary delays, make sure that you:
- carefully read the application/information sheet and follow the instructions;
- properly fill out, sign and date all form(s) making sure information is accurate and up to date;
- include any required documents;
- pay all fees associated with your application; and
- double-check your application before submitting it; and
- submit the application at the Municipal Hall, 121 Third Street, between 8:30AM and 4:00PM, Monday to Friday.