Posted: August 20, 2020
TITLE: Engineering & Asset Project Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure & Public Works
COMPETITION CLOSES: This position will remain open until it is filled.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Public Works, the Engineering & Asset Project Coordinator is responsible for engineering project management and support to operations/maintenance, along with the design and implementation of asset management activities. The Coordinator manages assigned projects from inception through to completion while ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and maintenance of related data. This will include handling a variety of assignments within a broad field of engineering and District construction, asset and utility projects.
The position manages competing priorities and demands to ensure that timelines are met, oversees and evaluates the work performance of external service providers with respect to quality, timelines, cost and completion of required tasks, and finalizes contract payments. As well, the Engineering & Asset Project Coordinator investigates engineering problems, prepares related reports and recommendations, works with consultants and assists senior engineers in resolving more complex problems. As a representative on committees, the Coordinator effectively communicates information about projects, programs and developments and liaises with multiple stakeholders, such as residents, ratepayers’ associations, consultants, contractors and other divisions and government agencies.
A detailed job description outlining the duties and qualifications is available on the District’s website at www.tofino.ca.
REQUIRED qualifications AND SKILLS
- Five (5) years of progressively complex and challenging experiences related to a wide variety of engineering and technical systems, operations, construction and/or capital programs
- Knowledge and experience in environmental engineering and management considered an asset
- Registration in good standing as an Engineer in British Columbia
- Proficiency in the application of specialized software in engineering, design and asset management; adept with Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience in a construction engineering and/or in an operational/field engineering environment
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable engineering and asset management standards and best practices
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional problem solving; adept at learning new systems and equipment
Hours of Work & Salary: This is a unionized position (CUPE Local 118) based on a 37.5 hour work week with an hourly wage, after probation of $42.52. A 60 working day probationary period will apply, during which the hourly wage is $38.27. This position offers a full range of benefits, including a pension plan, and is subject to the terms and conditions of the collective agreement between CUPE Local 118 and the District of Tofino.
Application: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the position applied for, in confidence, by:
Mail: District of Tofino, PO Box 9, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
Hand: 121 Third Street, Tofino BC
The District thanks all applicants and will contact only those selected for an interview.