Posted: February 20, 2020
Job Posting - Manager of Financial Services
Regular Full Time Position
TITLE: Manager of Financial Services
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
COMPETITION CLOSES: March 13, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Position: The District of Tofino is seeking a qualified individual to fill the full-time regular position of Manager of Financial Services.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services, the Manager of Financial Services is responsible for the management, administration and delivery of financial services including budget and audit preparation and grant administration. In addition, this position assists with financial reporting, provides leadership to department staff and supervises the day to day operations of the department.
A detailed job description outlining the duties and qualifications is available on the District’s website at www.tofino.ca/employment-and volunteer.
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce
- Financial Management or Accounting Diploma or completion of all Chartered Professional Accountant’s course prerequisites
- Minimum of three years of progressively complex accounting experience
- Proven supervisory experience and expertise
- Experience in the public sector an asset
Hours of Work & Salary: This is an exempt position based on a 37.5 hour work week. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Application: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the position applied for, in confidence, no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 13, 2020, Attention: Nyla Attiana, Director of Financial Services, by: