Development Services are provided by the department of Community Sustainability.
The District of Tofino and the District of Ucluelet share a building inspector. Building Inspetion services are provided in Tofino on:
We require at least 24 hours notice to book an appointment with the Building Inspector.
To schedule an inspection, please contact :
(T) 250-725-3229 (702)
Bylaws and Specifications
Visit our Online Bylaws or contact us to request full copies of the following:
- Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw (see more about the OCP)
- Zoning Bylaw
- Building Bylaw
- Subdivision and Development Bylaw
- Development Cost Charge Bylaw
- Development Cost Charge Technical Report
- Sign Control Bylaw
Permits, Applications and Licences
Click Here for information about Building Permits, Sign Permits, Development Applications, etc.
Maps and GIS
Click Here for Zoning and Civic Address maps, and access to the District of Tofino Public GIS Portal.
- Vision Tofino: The Official Community Plan (OCP) Update
- Downtown Vitalization Plan
- Fourth and Campbell Street Intersection Project
- Main Street Concept Plan
- Wayfinding Sign Plan
Additional Information & Reports