Emergency Program Executive Committee
District of Tofino Emergency Program Bylaw No. 1246, 2018, establishes the District of Tofino Emergency Management Organization in order to develop and implement emergency plans and other preparedness, response and recovery measures for emergencies and disasters within the District of Tofino.
The Executive Committee serves as an advisory body to Council and is responsible for making recommendations regarding budget, policy, training and infrastructure needs for emergency preparedness.
To learn more about the different types of District committees and commissions, attending committee meetings and becoming a volunteer member, click here.
The purpose of the Executive Committee is to:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the Emergency Program Management Committee and Emergency Program Coordinator;
- Finalize the annual strategic plan and budget for presentation to Council; and
- Approve emergency plans developed by the Emergency Program Management Committee.
Who We Are
The Executive Committee must comprise, at minimum:
- Two Council members (Chair and Vice-Chair);
- The Chief Administrative Officer; and
- Department heads, or their designates.
The Committee will meet a minimum of twice per calendar year or at the call of the Chair or Vice-Chair. A Committee meeting schedule will be developed in consultation with the Financial Services Department to supplement the annual budget process. No regular meetings will be scheduled during the summer and winter breaks (July, August, December).