Tofino Mayor and Council
The District of Tofino Council is made up of the Mayor and six Councillors who are each elected at large for a four-year term.
Contact Mayor and Council
Correspondence to Mayor and Council can be forwarded to:
Tofino Municipal Office
121 Third Street
PO Box 9
Tofino BC V0R 2Z0
1. All correspondence is circulated to the intended recipient. For clarity, all correspondence addressed to Mayor and Council (electronic or mail) is circulated to their @tofino.ca email addresses but not necessarily added to an agenda.
NOTE: Specific requests of Council are prioritized, and correspondence for Council's information is likely to be circulated by email without inclusion on a public agenda. Council members may request that letters be discussed at a meeting.
2. All correspondence is filed, tracked and dispositioned in accordance with District of Tofino records management policies and procedures. Citizens should be aware that all correspondence addressed to Mayor and Council becomes part of the public record.
3. When electronic correspondence is received from members of the general public, staff will respond to senders informing them to whom their inquiry has been directed.
Municipal Purposes & Powers
Municipalities are created by the province to allow a community to govern itself and provide local services such as drinking water, sewers, roads, fire protection, land use planning, parks and building inspection. The purposes of a municipality include:
- providing for the good government of the community;
- stewardship of public assets;
- providing services and making laws; and
- fostering social, economic and environmental well being.
Council as Governing Body
The governing body of a municipality is its council, with each member responsible for considering the well-being and interests of the municipality and community, and for contributing to the development and evaluation of municipal policies, programs and services.
For details on past elected officials please click here.
Corporate Services Department