Tofino Volunteer Fire Department
Established in 1959, the Tofino Volunteer Fire Department provides fire protective and emergency services to the community of Tofino, which covers over 10 square kilometers.
The fire protection and emergency services delivered by the Tofino Volunteer Fire Department would not be possible without the dedication and commitment from volunteers within the community.
Fire Department Contact
|Fire Department Office||250-725-3365 (non-emergency)|
|Fire Hall Location||150 Second Street, Tofino|
Fire Department Officers
|Fire Chief||Brent Baker|
|Deputy Chief||Cameron Young|
Fire Department Personnel
- Fire Fighters, 25 volunteers
To provide a quality fire/rescue service to our community and its visitors.
Ever thought about becoming a Volunteer Firefighter?
Interested individuals must be willing to commit substantial time and effort on a voluntary basis for the greater good of the community.
The Recruit Training Program contains a mix of physically demanding ‘hands-on’ training as well as technical ‘classroom’ sessions that provide the students with the fundamentals of basic firefighting before becoming an active member on our emergency response team. In order to be considered as a candidate for the program, you must:
• Be 19 years of age or older.
• Be physically fit for the position of firefighter (physician’s note may be requested).
• Possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license (air endorsement an asset).
• Provide a driver’s abstract that demonstrates responsible driving habits.
• Provide consent to obtain a criminal record check.
• Provide proof of residency within the District of Tofino for at least 1 year.
• Speak/write in fluent English (additional languages an asset).
• Be able to attend Fire Practices every Tuesday night between 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
If you are a motivated individual with the desire to create positive change in your community, than this may be your calling.
Interested applicants can download a Volunteer Firefighter Application Form or obtain a copy at the District of Tofino Municipal Office located at 121 Third Street. Please submit completed application forms to the Municipal Office.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in advance as only those chosen will be contacted.