Navigate to other COVID-19 Information by Topic below:
|Public Health||Community Wellness||Individual Supports||Business Supports||Recovery Planning|
Find the following information:
- OPEN - Maltby Rd Beach Access
- OPEN - Cox Bay Parking Lot
- OPEN - South Chestermans Parking Lot
- OPEN - North Chestermans Parking Lot
- OPEN - Hellesen Dr Beach Access
- OPEN - Village Green
- OPEN - First Street Dock Portable Washroom
- CLOSED - Baseball Diamond Portable Washroom
- OPEN - Community Hall Pit Washroom
- OPEN - Tonquin Trail Access at Tonquin Park Rd.
Last Updated: June 5, 2020
- OPEN - Village Green Playground and Park
- OPEN - Skate Park
- OPEN - Village Green Basketball Court
- OPEN - Village Green Tennis Court
- OPEN - Centennial Park Playground and Park
- OPEN - Anchor Park at Third Street
- OPEN - Tonquin Park and Trails
- OPEN - All Beach Accesses
For more guidance around staying safe while using playgrounds visit the BCCDC website.
Last Updated: June 11, 2020
Mayor, Council and Staff Accessibility - OPEN | Physical Building - CLOSED
All municipal offices are closed to the public without an appointment. Please make an appointment for any urgent, in-person business such as payments or submissions of building permits/plans. Planning is underway to reopen the Municipal Hall to the public.
Staff are available during regular office hours:
- Via Phone: 250-725-3229
- Via Email: www.tofino.ca/contact
Mayor and Council may be contacted via email: www.tofino.ca/tofino-mayor-and-council
Last Updated: June 2, 2020
Community Children's Centre
OPEN as of June 8, 2020 for Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. child care. The CCC will be accepting 8 children per day to start, to ensure that health and safety protocols are maintained with available staffing levels.
If you have notified the District of Tofino that you require childcare, you will receiving a phone call the week of May 25, 2020 to register your child. If you did not receive a phone call or would like to inquire about registering your child, please contact Laura Morehouse, Manager of Financial Services at 250-725-3229 ext. 604 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centre applied for temporary emergency funding through the Province of British Columbia, which requires that we prioritize children of essential workers. The Centre must follow a tiered listing of Essential Workers defined by the Province of BC in order to continue to qualify for emergency funding. As more spaces open up we will continue to contact families who have expressed the need for care. The District of Tofino is seeing a high demand for childcare and staff will do their best to meet the childcare needs of families within the parameters established by the Province of BC.
CLOSED - Will remain closed throughout the summer except for internal bookings.
Tourism Tofino and Tofino Long Beach Chamber of Commerce have compiled a dynamic and growing list of local business measures and changes in response to COVID-19. This list includes reopening, closures, temporary measures and special measures being put in place to help keep everyone safe. Visit Tourism Tofino's website for the full updated list.
Find out the latest from the Tofino Co-op:
Before you venture out into Clayoquot Sound, remember to do your research and plan ahead to make sure the community and territories you want to visit are welcoming visitors.
- Read: Ahousaht First Nation community (Maaqtusiis) and Territory remain closed.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Read: Hesquiaht First Nation community (Hot Springs Cove) and Territory remain closed.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read: Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation communities remain closed (Esowista & Ty-Histanis at Long Beach, Opitsaht on Meares Island)
- Contact: Elmer Frank, 250-725-1266
District of Tofino Emergency Operations Centre