Posted: December 16, 2020
The Skatelot is Tofino's new, outdoor, recreational skate facility for December 2020 & January 2021.
Recreational facilities play an important role in supporting not only the physical health, but also the mental well-being of all people, particularly in challenging times such as these. The seasonal rink aims to provide a low-barrier, low risk activity option for a wide range of ages and abilities. Tofino Recreation department will be programing COVID safe activities for users of the rink. All sign up will be done through Perfect Mind. Instruction to create an account and to sign up are below.
***IMPORTANT*** To ensure that everyone in the community has an opportunity to skate, please only register for free skate times that you can commit to attending. No shows may result in the cancellation of future bookings. At this time you are unable to withdraw from a registered program via Perfect Mind. All cancellations from registered programs must be made at least 24 hours prior to the program start time. Please contact email@example.com if you need to cancel or withdraw from a registered program.
SAFETY & COVID-19 PROCEDURES
- All users must reserve their skate program or time through Perfect Mind a day before they'd like to skate.
- Schedules and times are subject to change at any time.
- The COVID safety plan for the facility can be found here.
- Facility users are responsible for their own safety and use the space at their own risk.
- Users must follow all posted public health & safety rules.
- Masks are required in all shared spaces for anyone 12 and over. Masks may be temporarily removed while skating.
- It is strongly recommended that all users wear a helmet and recommended that users wear gloves or mitts.
- Children under 7 must be supervised by an adult.
- No spectators allowed in the area unless the presence of a spectator is necessary in order to provide care to a child or youth
- Food, beverages, gum, candy, etc. are not permitted while skating or in the lace up area.
- No drugs, smoking or alcohol permitted in public spaces at any time.
- No street shoes are permitted on the skating surface.
- All personal items must be left in the user’s car or at home.
- All users on the ice must wear skates unless the program is a tot program where all users may wear shoe covers.
- Hockey sticks are welcome only during designated skill practice. No hockey games are permitted at this time.
- No in and out privileges during your registered time. Once you leave you will not be allowed back in.
- All users must leave right after their session is complete so that The Skatelot attendants can proceed with a COVID site clean.
- Skaters who exhibit any behaviour deemed dangerous, or unruly will be required to leave immediately.
- The Skatelot rink is closed to all users outside the scheduled times. Please be considerate of our neighbours while skating and respect these closures.
Max # of people on the rink at one time: 12
Max time per skate session: 30 mins
REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS
I don't have a Perfect Mind account. - Set up a Perfectmind account by clicking the register online button below.
I do have a Perfect Mind account. - Click on the register online button below, log in and register for your desired program or sign up for skate time.
Please see Perfect Mind for schedule.
ARRIVAL, CHECK-IN AND YOUR SKATE
Step 1: Arrive 5-10 minutes ahead of your scheduled program.
Step 2: Line up on the designated spots to check-in at the check in trailer.
Step 3: Once you are check in you may proceed to the lace up area. Please note the lace up area can only accommodate 6 people at one time. Please wait patiently on the designated spots.
Step 4: Enjoy your skate. The attendant will notify the group when their ice time is up. Please proceed to the lace up area and leave as soon as you've changed your skates.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and call 8-1-1.
Be kind. Be Calm. Be Safe.