Navigate to other COVID-19 Information by Topic below:
|Public Health||Community Wellness||Individual Supports||Business Supports||Recovery Planning|
Find the following information:
- OPEN - Maltby Rd Beach Access
- OPEN - Cox Bay Parking Lot
- OPEN - South Chestermans Parking Lot
- OPEN - North Chestermans Parking Lot
- OPEN - Hellesen Dr Beach Access
- OPEN - Village Green
- OPEN - First Street Dock Portable Washroom
- CLOSED - Baseball Diamond Portable Washroom
- OPEN - Community Hall Pit Washroom
- OPEN - Tonquin Trail Access at Tonquin Park Rd.
Last Updated: June 5, 2020
- OPEN - Village Green Playground and Park
- OPEN - Skate Park
- OPEN - Village Green Basketball Court
- OPEN - Village Green Tennis Court
- OPEN - Centennial Park Playground and Park
- OPEN - Anchor Park at Third Street
- OPEN - Tonquin Park and Trails
- OPEN - All Beach Accesses
For more guidance around staying safe while using playgrounds visit the BCCDC website.
Last Updated: June 11, 2020
Mayor, Council and Staff Accessibility - OPEN
Staff are available during regular office hours:
- Via Phone: 250-725-3229
- Via Email: www.tofino.ca/contact
Mayor and Council may be contacted via email: www.tofino.ca/tofino-mayor-and-council
Physical Building - OPEN - Limited
July 20 – 24: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
July 27 on-wards: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. *With the possibility of extension to regular hours as we continue to monitor COVID-19.
All municipal business can be done in person with the exception of marriage licenses, which are currently being referred to Westland Insurance. All tourism related questions are being directed to Tourism Tofino.
What to Expect:
- Limited Capacity – 1 person maximum
- The ramp outside the building will be marked for safe physical distancing. All visitors are asked to wait here until the inside space has cleared. Please check around the corner before coming in.
- Visitors will be asked to assess their symptoms prior to entering the building. If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the COVID-19 symptom related questions you will be asked to return home and call 8-1-1.
- Please sanitize upon entering.
- To speed up your visit to the office, please download and fill out your forms ahead of arrival.
Thank you for your patience during this time. Please call 250-725-3229 or send us an email (www.tofino.ca/contact) to inquire about other services during this time or if you require assistance finding forms online. Staff are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to assist you.
Last Updated: July 20, 2020
Community Children's Centre
OPEN as of June 8, 2020 for Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. child care. The CCC will be accepting 8 children per day to start, to ensure that health and safety protocols are maintained with available staffing levels.
If you have notified the District of Tofino that you require childcare, you will receiving a phone call the week of May 25, 2020 to register your child. If you did not receive a phone call or would like to inquire about registering your child, please contact Laura Morehouse, Manager of Financial Services at 250-725-3229 ext. 604 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centre applied for temporary emergency funding through the Province of British Columbia, which requires that we prioritize children of essential workers. The Centre must follow a tiered listing of Essential Workers defined by the Province of BC in order to continue to qualify for emergency funding. As more spaces open up we will continue to contact families who have expressed the need for care. The District of Tofino is seeing a high demand for childcare and staff will do their best to meet the childcare needs of families within the parameters established by the Province of BC.
CLOSED - Will remain closed throughout the summer except for internal bookings.
Before you venture out into Clayoquot Sound, remember to do your research and plan ahead to make sure the community and territories you want to visit are welcoming visitors.
Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation
- Contact: Emergency Coordinator, Elmer Frank, 250-725-1266
Ahousaht First Nation
- Contact: John Caton, MHSS, email@example.com
Hesquiaht First Nation
- Contact: Chief Joshua Charleson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism Tofino and Tofino Long Beach Chamber of Commerce have compiled a dynamic and growing list of local business measures and changes in response to COVID-19. This list includes reopening, closures, temporary measures and special measures being put in place to help keep everyone safe.
Visit Tourism Tofino's website for the full updated list.
Find out the latest from the Tofino Co-op:
District of Tofino Emergency Operations Centre